Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Book Review: A Kiss In Time

A Kiss In Time by Alex Flinn

Talia fell under a spell. . . .
Jack broke the curse.

I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it
was so enchanting, so hypnotic. . . . 
                  
                   I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my 
                   tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-
                   looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.

I awakened in the same place but in another
time--to a stranger's soft kiss.
                
                  I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to
                  kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen.

Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have
brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away 
with this commoner!

                  Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of
                  her jewels. . . . The good news: My parents will freak!

A Kiss In Time is a modern retelling of the story of Sleeping Beauty. I found it to be a pretty enjoyable read! It was pretty funny at some parts and was a quick and easy read. It was fast paced and kept my interest until the end. Though not being a Christian book, it did have some worldly stuff in it, but nothing too bad. Probably a little better in that sense than Beastly, which is written by the same author. Overall a good book that I would recommend to others and I know I would be interested in reading more of Flinn's modern fairy tales.


No comments:

Post a Comment