Monday, October 15, 2012

Writers Block

So today I went outside with the intention of sucking in all the inspiration that the glorious outdoors have to offer... but instead ended up filling a page of my notebook with random "doodles". I'm not sure where my inspiration has run off to... I haven't been able to write like I used to. My "glory days" were probably back when I was writing my first big novel... which still needs edited. Anyway, that was about... two, three years ago. I remember getting so sucked into that book... Anyway, I hope that someday soon I will be able to write like I used to... something smells strange... like melting plastic... well now it smells more like nachos. Okay then... moving on.
So... if there are any writers reading this... what do you do when you have writers block? What helps inspire you, or helps you get back into writing when you haven't written in a long time? I have been writing some lately, but not as much as I'd like and I'm still lacking that... I don't know. That inspiration and excitement you get when you're really into your writing... Anyway, if you have any suggestions, please leave them in a comment.
And by the way, I was going to post a list of book or movie recommendations but I ended up writing this instead... haha. Guess I'll get to the recommendations in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment